I participated in a webinar conducted by HubSpot, the Cambridge-based Internet marketing company, focused on tips and tricks to organically optimize a company search engine rankings.
The biggest takeaway was the creating of a ranking algorithm as a combination of context, authority and social graph. HubSpot identified six SEO tips for companies.
1. Optimize Your Content – The content you create must be a combination of what ‘searchers’ are looking to find and the keywords that search engines require.
2. Attract Links to Your Content – Links are on-line recommendations from trusted websites. The most often shared items are new data and insightful blog posts. On the other hand, discount offers and product information are the least shared items.
3. Publish Relevant Content Frequently – Internal HubSpot research showed that 61 percent of blogs are updated once a week or less. Also, if you commit to a daily blog, you’ll be in the Top 10 percent of businesses.
4. Be Active in Social Media – With the explosion of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, del.icio.us and Digg, interesting content is shared by trusted sources. Sharing content you find interesting will also help others consider sharing your content.
5. Build Large Social Media Networks – Lisa Barone of SocialNetDaily gives 8 Ways To Find Relevant Followers On Twitter – see how easy it is to share relevant content.
6. Use Call to Action on Landing Pages to Convert Leads – Once you have increased traffic to your website, you need to capitalize on the increased interest in what your company is saying. In the same HubSpot research, 41 percent of businesses acquired a customer through Twitter and LinkedIn, 46 percent through their company blog.
Tell us if you have any success implementing these tips, if your search engine ranking increases and if you are able to convert a lead generated by your social media efforts.
Follow Weise on Twitter and check out Weise Communications on Facebook and “Like” it for future updates.
- HootSuite: SEO Killer or a Hotel for Owls? - We are fans of HootSuite, the convenient, social media aggregation to... ht.ly/2wyDt5>>> 3 weeks ago
- RT @guthriemayespr: Sneak peek at PRSA Counselors Academy: @TracyWeise on crisis and social media in Colo. mass shooting @caprsa...>>> 1 month ago
- RT @caprsa: PR Leaders! Learn how to run a BETTER #PR agency #CAprsa, Austin, June 9-11. Register now > bit.ly/WDI9Q3>>> 1 month ago
- Brand Your Company Socially and Ethically Responsible (Or Lose Consumers) ht.ly/2vTDh7>>> 1 month ago
- Brand Your Company Socially and Ethically Responsible (Or Lose Consumers) wp.me/pot8T-14s>>> 1 month ago
- BREAKING NEWS: Politics Force Social Media to Merge wp.me/pot8T-14x>>> 1 month ago
- Public Relations Working Well: Evolving The Press Release Into The Information Release ht.ly/2vNime>>> 1 month ago