franchisEssentials is a consulting company that was created by Paul Segreto. Paul brings over 20 years of experience to the franchise industry and shares his knowledge through his blog. Segreto recently described franchisEssentials’ five-step process to social media success. Segreto has dubbed this process E-Idea. Below is his description of the process as seen on the franchisEssentials blog.
1. Exploring different aspects of social media, including social networking and key Web 2.0 technology that creates excitement and brand awareness within your industry segment.
2. Identifying primary and secondary targets – Who will be targeted to purchase and/or visit your franchise locations? How deep do the target groups go, and are there collateral groups that can be tapped?
3. Developing a Strategy and Plan of Action – Customized to specific targets in accordance with franchise development goals and objectives.
4. Executing the Plan – Putting the plan in motion, including monitoring and managing the process with new content and updates. Keep it fresh!
5. Analyzing & Quantifying the Results – Is it working? Do you continue straight ahead or repeat the process from the beginning? What are actual results in franchise sales and system revenue?
I think Paul did a great job laying the framework for a successful social media campaign. It seems to me that organizations are jumping straight from step one to step four. They get really excited about the potential and jump in with both feet before they truly understand what it is they’re jumping into.